sunroom
Hi everyone! It’s been awhile since my last post, but, I am sure by now, you know that the hubby is home. In fact, he returned home the same day of my last post. 

“Be present in all things and thankful for all things.”
~Maya Angelou

The above quote by the late and amazingly wise Maya Angelou, sums up my current state of mind and being, and I am enjoying being in this state. With that said, though I haven’t been blogging, I’ve been quite the chatterbox on Instagram! I’ve posted different stages showing the growth of my fiddle fig which has amassed a number of admirers on there. Admirers who want to know what the heck I’m feeding this monster of a tree! So, I’m sharing how I care for my fiddle fig today. I invited Lea of Lea Hartman Photography to come by to capture it all for you! As usual, she did a fabulous job!

the sunroom
Well,  I believe the location/placement of your fiddle fig is probably the most important. In my case,  our fiddle fig is in the sunroom.

sunroom
The sunroom is East facing so the fiddle fig gets perfect natural light; morning sun and afternoon shade.

sunroom
Keeping your fiddle fig hydrated is very important.  It loves getting watered. I can usually tell that mine needs water if the leaves look a bit shriveled and dry. Also, I’ve recently rotated it as I noticed that the leaves tend to lean toward the light, and as a result it was growing in that leaning sort of way. Rotating it helps it maintain a rounded shape.

sunroom
pic shows new growth/leaf

I have repotted it at least once, and I know I will have to repot it again in a much bigger container to ensure enough room for its root system. Pruning it might have to occur too because at the rate at which it is growing, I am not sure if it will fit in that spot (unless pruned) for much longer…

sunroom
And that’s how I care for my fiddle fig. If you have a Home Depot in your area, they may have them there. That’s where I purchased mine. Now, you might be wondering about the sunroom, well, it’s left mostly undecorated as it is the boys’ stomping ground; well the entire house is.

sunroom
We aren’t a formal household, but one could say that this is our informal space. I removed the coffee table and freed up the space in the middle. Better for the boys too.

exotic rug and mushroom ottoman
This mushroom stool was in Ian’s nursery, but I stole it and it’s perfect for resting things aka magazines on.

sunroom
I enjoy sitting in this chair! In fact, I am usually fighting the boys off of it because they love it too!  Happy Sunday everyone. xx

images© Lea Hartman

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top